On the occasion of World Earth Day 2023 (5 June), an event promoted by the UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) which, with the slogan #BeatPlasticPollution, this year promotes the importance of eliminating plastic pollution, the kitchen becomes a protagonist, taking a leading role in this fight.
Brands such as Zerica, Sabaf Group and InSinkErator are presenting products and initiatives that go in this direction, reminding us that defending the planet begins between the cookers where, more than in other environments, consumption can be controlled by limiting waste and the use of materials that are harmful to the eco-system.
Zerica and the H20 Dossier, water first
To reinforce the message of World Environment Day, the Sicilian company ZERICA, a reference brand in the design and manufacture of machinery for the intelligent and high-tech management of water, presented the H2O DOSSIER. This is a composite document where, in addition to highlighting the qualities of this precious resource, the company explores issues and suggests tools to avoid unnecessary waste and safeguard the environment. From use in the home to use in the company or at the restaurant, everyone can make their own contribution with water becoming an all-round useful resource from unusual points of view.
Using filtered water at home, in the company or in a restaurant has many advantages: no storage and handling of bottles, neither full bottles nor returnable empties, a simplification that combines with a not inconsiderable economic advantage, especially at a time when transport is uncertain and expensive. It also fuels a planet-friendly approach by reducing emissions and contributing to the ecological transition. This management is also possible remotely through the innovative Auxilia app, an advanced telemetry system entirely developed by Zerica for remote management in real time of plant usage parameters and to perform remote diagnostics and technical assistance. In this way, the level and quality of the water supplied are always under control. From temperature to purity to the quantity of gas, Auxilia monitors everything, leaving no room for chance and transforming its machinery into modern tools to make the kitchen an oasis of efficiency.
Sabaf Group and the charter of values
For the Sabaf Group, an Italian multinational company that is one of the world leaders in the creation and production of precision kitchen components, the defence of the environment passes through the person who is the original value and the fundamental criterion of every Sabaf choice.
Through the public signing of a Charter of Values, the Group therefore renounces any choice that does not respect the physical, cultural and moral integrity of the Person, even when faced with possible decisions that appear efficient, economically convenient and legally acceptable. Among the key points of this commitment
- to promote, in all the countries in which it operates, respect for fundamental Human Rights and workers’ rights, according to the principles established by the Global Compact and APPLiA’s Code of Conduct. These principles relate to: child labour, forced labour, health and safety at work, freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining, discrimination, disciplinary procedures, working hours and remuneration criteria;
- valuing the contribution of human capital in decision-making processes, fostering continuous learning, professional growth and knowledge sharing;
- to value and respect diversity by avoiding all forms of discrimination related to: gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, health status, political opinions, ethnicity and religious beliefs
- identifying and analysing potential dangers and risks in company processes in order to make workplaces safer and more comfortable;
- Sabaf, a workplace that promotes health
- By joining the WHP (Workplace Health Promotion) programme, Sabaf is committed to promoting health in the workplace. The company is careful not only to implement all measures to prevent accidents and occupational diseases, but also to offer its workers opportunities to improve their health, reducing general risk factors and in particular those most involved in the genesis of chronic diseases. sabaf.it
Eliminate residues directly in the kitchen with the household food disposer
A valuable ally for managing food leftovers in a sustainable way is the household food disposer invented 85 years ago by InSinkErator and which is also conquering Italy. This ingenious tool, available in different models depending on the household, allows quick, hygienic and sustainable treatment of food leftovers, neutralising kilos of waste destined for landfill in an instant. Conveniently positioned by the plumber, it enables any type of organic residue to be eliminated instantly by shredding them down to a semi-liquid stage. Bones, skin, peelings, nothing resists the disposer and the planet, thank you.
In fact, food waste that ends up in landfills produces methane, a gas 21 times more harmful than carbon dioxide. A clever tool that has made it possible, to date, to remove the equivalent in weight of 1000 ocean liners from landfills. From one side of the planet to the other, the use of this small but ingenious tool is spreading exponentially. With the disposer, the amount of food waste is reduced by 30%. Cooking to save the planet? Yes, with everyone doing their part.